Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tag - I'm it!

I've been procrastinating this week about blogging because I've been soooo busy! My life has changed dramatically since the weather warmed up. No longer am I allowed to sit for any amount of time - I must now be chasing kids and cats through the mud, pulling red wagons, going to baseball games and pushing swings. But I'm not complaining! :)

I've been doing a lot of creating lately - not all of it good - but still creating.


And then I received some wonderful things in the mail - here's a picture of one of them that I got from Mel at Little Melfie's Studio .

Look how wonderfully she wrapped it and even included a little tag too!

Oooh - I just love pretty mail! I also have to tell you Mel that I bought this not only because I love your style but also because when I was little - my Mother would ask me to fetch something and I never could remember! So it was almost as if you made it specially for me! A perfect Mother's Day gift to myself and I love it - especially the colors!

I've been tagged by Mel and Kelli. So here's my 7 unusual facts about myself.

1. Not a big secret - but I am a neatnick. I pick lint up off carpets and polish my sink. I make the beds every day even though no one ever sees them.
2. I ended up marrying the man I loved in college even though then we went our separate ways and had lives with other people. Somehow we came back to each other and are together today. I think it was meant to be.
3. I can't function each day unless I create something. Even if it's bad, I still have to do it - even for five minutes.
4. I have a magazine problem. I subscribe, I buy them at the grocery store, I buy them at scrap stores. I am running out of room to store them!
5. I had the most relaxing - awesome time today with my sister and parents. I feel totally comfortable with them there like no where else on earth. Thanks, Mom and Dad.
6. I don't know what I would do without my best friend. She's been gone for a week and I miss her!
7. I am going to quit my job tomorrow and no one knows yet but my family. Wow! :)

Thanks everyone - now let's see who else I can tag??

Deb
Maryfrances
Lisa
Julia

4 comments:

deb said...

Laurie.. I just love all your goodies. I need to see it up close and personal. And I need to see you too! I missed you last week.

Sophie's adorable. OK.. now spill! What's this about your job??

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

Oh Laurie!! I'm so glad your little goodies made it to you safely--and I absolutely love knowing the story behind why you chose that piece! It makes it special to me also! Your new work is amazing--as always! And isn't it wonderful having to be outside pulling red wagons? Good luck with your job decision and all of the excitement and change you'll have with that! xo-Melfie

KSmith said...

Yeah you did it! I to need to create on a daily basis or I just can't truly function-my caffeine.

XUE said...

Hi Laurie,
I enjoyed reading this old post & knowing a little about you now. I like No. 2 as I love tales like this. My husband & I met in Shanghai. I had just started my job there & he was saying hs goodbye rounds before leaving for a job in New York. So we seperated & corresponded for about a year. Everyone said we couldn't make it. It's been 18 yrs now, 15 yrs of marriage & 2 kids.