Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crafting Goodness

So I got together again with my favorite friends this week for our monthly crafting night, and each of us had brought surprises! I think women enjoy giving each other gifts. I know I do! Look what my bestest friend Deb gave me from Say It With Letters .

It was a plain shape and I altered it. So cute and so girly! I love anything with a scalloped edge! I'm going to hang it in my daughter's room. She also gave me some other shapes seen below. My sister gave me some other fun things to create with! Thank you girls!

Then we all tried our hands at making fairy jars. It was a fun project but harder to complete than all of us thought. We were all so quiet and intent on our work. But I think they turned out cute - don't you? We're going to try again in the future to perfect this craft - we all enjoyed it so much!

Has anyone else created a fairy jar? If so, comment and leave me a link - I'd love to see what you've done!

7 comments:

zabrina said...

Hi Laurie, how are you gal? I never made a jar like that. I made some tins...it's fun! I will try a jar one of these days! Yours are very lovely!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Love the fairy jars!!! What a fun project to do with a group of friends! I've made a couple for swaps... there are pics in my Flickr album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speckled-egg/
Hope you are having a fabulous summer!!!! :)

Greta Adams said...

u did a fantastic job with that dress...i love altering although i don't do much of it anymore...

Mippie said...

Everything is precious!!! Love those jars!!! What did you use for the handles?? Love them!!! Thanks for the wishes! xo-Mel

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I love to make captured faeries too! My current blog post shows a captured surfer I entered in the fair. if you see one of my june post, you'll see a captured mermaid! I've also taught a class on making captured faeries and have tons more photo's!

~Michelle

Anonymous said...

You "dressed" up the dress from Deb so cute! I love all her items!

All the fariy jars in your photo are so creative! I was in a swap a while back and here's a Flickr link to the one I made:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47171231@N00/532011597/

Anonymous said...

oh these are beautiful Laurie!
Just popped by as I hit next on Nicole's SBO list of bloggers.

Great to see your recent work!

We miss you over at SBO!
I still have your lovely rolodex card.

Anyway, love all your jars - a great project!