Sunday, May 02, 2010

Feeling Grateful

So things have finally taken a turn for the better around here and warmed up! About five days ago it snowed, but today was over 80 degrees. I kid you not! New England is known for it's weird weather.

But I am always so happy at this time - everything looks so beautiful all around me and I find I value the simple things more. I love the colors too - the trees with their balled up leaves like pom poms in the sun, and all the flowers! Here's my kids enjoying the animals at a local farm nearby.



This weather also inspires me to create new things! Happy spring, everyone!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful photos! Happy Spring to you! ♥

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

you sound so happy and the kids look very happy too!!

clare's craftroom said...

What a cheerful post , happy spring to you too !

Elyse said...

so sweet, laurie! and yes, NE weather is quite the trickster!

happy may ~*~

xo
elyse

Kimmarie said...

Your kids are so cute! Glad you are happy, the flowers are so pretty this time of year. Love that frame! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Beedeebabee said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sweetie! ... As usual I perked up as soon as I clicked in here, with all your cheery colors all around. I love the little hanging quiltie you made for your beautiful little girl's photo!! Sooo sweet! Beautiful flowers, beautiful kids, beautiful blog!!!! xo Paulette

Kaye said...

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart"
Celia Thaxter (American Poet, 1836-1894)

I picked up on your blog about being grateful, and thought you might appreciate this quote.

I am a new author of a book titled: When I Am Grateful
It's a gift book that outlines the 'stuff' that can happen to us everyday and then reminds
the reader how we can be grateful, even in the most challenging times.

You can view a book video on my site which gives you more insights.
Go to: wheniamgrateful.com

Have a Grateful Day!