Thursday, December 28, 2006

Early New Year's Resolutions



So, I started knocking off my 2007 Resolutions a bit early this year. My bestest friend Deb reminded me of a sale at a crafty shop we both love, and with $20 I got for Christmas, I bought myself a soldering gun and have already tried it out! I'll admit, my work is rather rough and ugly, but I really don't care! I love the fact that I tried it - soldering is something I've always wanted to try. (I don't care much for the smell of it though!)

Here's a necklace I did here. I was so proud of myself creating a loop for hanging! Then I used a chain that I got from my mother from this year's Yankee Swap. (I got some of her old jewelry!) So this piece represents a lot to me and I will wear it with pride! :)

2 comments:

deb said...

Laurie! I just love it!! I agree about the smell.. not sure I could do a ton of it but how cool! I didn't realize they would sell the soldering irons. I really need to get mine to work. That looks awesome! Can't wait to see what else you create! :)

Miss you! Looking forward to our January get together!

serendipity said...

more difficult than what it looks this soldering lark. love the piece. What is made by hand comes from the heart
hugs
joan in italy