Sunday, December 03, 2006

My favorite time of year


So this weekend was an early Christmas for me. We got our tree and I put white lights in it - we'll decorate it this week with the kids. Then tonight was the annual tree lighting ceremony. After the choir sings (Noah sang this year for the first time and was so proud!) they light the tree and then Santa arrives via fire engine! The kids love it and even the adults get excited! Then we all walk to Town Hall and the kids get to sit on Santa's knee and tell him what they want for Christmas. I especially loved seeing the kids look upward - thinking about what they really wanted to tell Santa.

The part I enjoy the best is walking home after and seeing our lit tree in the window. It really looks beautiful - all twinkly and pretty in the glass. Our neighbors this year have also really outdone themselves and many houses on the street are lit up. It always gives me a cozy feeling. And to top it off - we may even get snow tomorrow!

Time to wrap more presents! But before I do, I want to send out a big thank you to all the people who wished me a happy birthday last week - it was much appreciated! And thanks, most of all, to my best friend, Deb, who always remembers and always makes it special. You're the best, Deb!

Happy Holidays, everyone!

1 comment:

deb said...

Hooray! A new post. And it's partially about me! :) That's so sweet. I love your tree. I'm excited to get ours this weekend and to decorate!! Maybe we'll have to have some sort of merry cocktail.. margs are always good but something more festive maybe. I'll have to think about that!

Ciao bestest friend! :)