Thursday, April 02, 2009

I love color!

I have been super happy this week - despite the fact that both my poor kiddos have been quite sick. They are starting to get better - so that inspires me. Plus - everything outside is gradually starting to green up. Green is my favorite color! The snow is melting away and every day my daughter and I go out and count the tulips popping up through the muddy earth. We are very happy it's spring in New England!
And look at this - my friend and neighbor brought this by and left it in my porch yesterday. It's a small cupboard that she painted a greenish blue color. She's moving currently and is sending things my way - this is the third small cupboard she's given me this week. How did she know that I have a thing for cupboards/cabinets? Thank you, Kristen! I'm sure she's too busy now to read my post, but I want her to know that I love her offerings and I really appreciate it. And look what I put inside - it's a great place to house and display my new Trinkets merchandise! I love all the colors and I enjoy having things displayed there.
I have been having a blast making new colorful things for my Etsy shop and also using them in my own layouts. And spring is great picture-taking time - this weekend is the town Easter Egg Hunt!

12 comments:

deb said...

Colorful and inspiring!! Those buttons are darling! I may need to place another order. And I couldn't agree more about being happy things are popping up. We have some flowers and herbs that are too. I do love this time of the year.

deb said...

Oh, and that cupboard is too cute with all your merchandise in there!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

omg! i love those colorful buttons;) more and more i want to add buttons to my scrapbook pages!!!

noelle

Kim Mailhot said...

Hi Laurie !
It was nice to hear from you the other day on my blog !
Glad to know you are doing well and enjoying the spring feeling here in Nh. Love those button pieces. So colorful !

Take care and "see' you around soon !

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Laurie! What fun to have such a neighbor. ♥

Elyse said...

what a fun read just bursting with color. your designs have such great balance -- very cool!!!

i keep saying "just one more blog" and now look -- it's almost 10 p.m.

okay, signing off ... a great post!

xo

luckygirlgifts said...

Your blog is beautiful, and I love your etsy shop. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Also, it sounds like lots of fun to count tulips. Have fun at the Easter Egg hunt.
Cari

Elyse said...

here i am again blogging late! what's a mom to do?

thank you so much for your purchase today. it was a rainy day and my littlest guy was home sick (and getting sick) and that little "etsy transaction" message just brightened my spirits! thanks so much.

hope all is sunny in NH!

xo

Scrap for Joy said...

What a great neighbor you have. Your buttons and other trims look so cute in the cupboard. Your things are the cutest Laurie-it's like going to a candy store to visit your Etsy Shoppe. The buttons and fabric flowers are the neatest! I haven't used mine yet.....I think I'm hoarding them. I hope you and your family have a happy, Blessed Easter. We had snow today...it's melting now but it's really cold. Oh to feel the sun!
Hugs!
Joyce

Terri said...

How cute - thank you for stopping by my blog and for the kind words! Lisa was the only person brave enough to sign up for a pay-it-forward thing with me, months ago. She is kind to be so patient - it took me forever to mail the bag!

I love your buttons - I think they'd look great on some colorful spring bags! :)

Unknown said...

I hope the kdis get better and I'm glad you are getting good weather there! I just love your altered buttons :)

Sandy xo

The Frampers said...

Hi Laurie,

thanks for stopping in to take a peek at my blog. Yes, the sewing pins I make are made from Polymer clay.

your buttons are adorable!