Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Thinking Spring


So even though we just got dumped on - again - with snow, I am still thinking spring and couldn't wait any longer to start taking out a few of my favorite decorations. Look at this beautiful bird house that my sister got me - it is so me and I love it. I leave it out year round. And this is one of my favorite bunnies - he's very big and heavy and I love how different he is. I fill his bowl with eggs.

And this is a new decoration that I got this year at T.J. Maxx. Too cute and inexpensive too!

And these two projects I did a while before but I like them because they are house designs. I have a thing for houses - real and not so real. My house is filled with doll houses, bird houses and houses like this. This one is from Say It With Letters and the other one is sheer from an album. I turned it into a little wall hanging with my two cute kids.
And I don't have any new cards to show you this week - I've been busy finishing up other mini albums I started. It's not as fun as doing new work, but I feel good when I finish those few remaining pages. I love looking at them later with the kids because I forget so much of what happened. Thank God for scrapbooking since I don't have a very accurate memory!

6 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Laurie...Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a nice comment. I love your projects. You do such nice work. Your birdhouse is beautiful! Lucky sister! I am looking forward to keeping up with your blog and stopping by again soon.

Stay Cozy, Carrie

XUE said...

That is one amazing birdhouse!

Elyse said...

wow, laurie. everything is wonderful!!! you are so talented.

if we all think spring hard enough, maybe it will come early (ha ha ha)?

xo

deb said...

You always have the best decorations. They're adorable - it looks like a store. :) And I love the little houses you made. I love the one with the bird (of course)!

Scrap for Joy said...

Good for you for finishing up some prior projects...I have a whole box of things that need to be completed. I love your bird cage and all of your Spring decorations. I just put the Valentine stuff away...I need to get with the program before Easter! We are having a brief peek at Spring this weekend but Winter is not entirely over yet. Hope you are finally thawing in NH!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting :) You got me in the mood for spring! I love your wall hangings and decor!!

Sandy xox